Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Post Cards ready

This morning was the last push for 5 post cards for Virginia Spiegel's worthy cause. They should go out in the mail today. I am a cancer survivor (last year) so for me this has a special meaning. I still have a few more ideas in my head which will go out next week.

For this week there still is another journal quilt for August due. There are two pieces going out for "Doing Small Things" a Fiberarts Challenge -- also this week. They need sleeves and labels but the entry forms and fee have been turned in on time. Amidst that I have a twin bed quilt top in the works for my nephew Tommy and today I am hoping to pick up a new puppy. So how much more can you pack into a few days.

The puppy looks so sweet. We have a springer spaniel Chico at home (see the "Many Modes of Chico" on web site-- www.jeanneoberrieth.com) ; he is alone and needs a buddy. I've been searching on the internet for sheltie's and found this one 3.5 hrs away. My husband and I have had dogs as pets for 15yrs since my only son left home for college. They are part of the family and have been there for us during good times and bad. Dogs just love you.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Like your FFAC postcards. I'm new to PCs, but sent a couple to this very worthwhile cause. My mum's a breast cancer survivor :)