Saturday, January 20, 2007

New year starting

Well this year started with a visit to the oncologist in NYC and he agreed that I had 2 little spots of melanoma on my right foot. (same place as before) These last 2 weeks have been tense and frightening. The PET scan and cat scans were done this past Monday and on Thursday my doctor called to tell me they came out negative. Great news for the start of 2007!!! That means those 2 little spots will either be cut out (same day surgery) or there will be a therapy using a serum prepared from the antibodies in my own blood- immunotherapy. It is much easier and there are no side effects because they use your own blood. It has a good success ratio.

So now I can look forward to starting a new job and waiting for my son and his wife to have their first baby- I'll be a grandmother!!! This year should be a great year.

The pictures I added were taken on the second day I went to the city and it was a glorious sunny crisp day. I was using my new camera Nikon D40 digital SLR and it worked perfectly. As you may have noticed from the past- my photography is a part of me and has been for many years. This camera finally brings me up to the present digital camera standard and of course after shopping around this was the best buy for money. It is not hard to use since it has several automatic features. My prior camera was also a Nikon SLR but it used film.

At present I am sewing a baby quilt for a donation for a Childrens Home in Maryland. My art quilt work is in between things looking for a new inspiration. Maybe these NYC photos would help. There was a 12x12x12 portfolio challenge which I sent in 1-12-2007. There is always something.

2 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Congratulations on your good diagnosis. What a great start to the year! I love your NYC photos. Very inspirational. In Milwaukee they had some lovely old buildings that were torn down, and the new buildings they put up were done so they appeared to reflect the old buildings that had been torn down. It was a neat effect.

Granny Fran said...

I've been so slow at getting around to visiting all my favorite blogs this year, so getting here late, but want you to know I am so happy to hear about your diagnosis. That had to be a rough time going through tests and waiting for the news.
Your NYC photos are wonderful! I've always loved the Chrysler building, even though I've never been to NY to see it in person. Your new camera is doing a great job of catching those reflections. Hope to see some new blogs soon.