Friday, June 22, 2007

Latest work


I just finished the latest piece for a Journal Challenge 12" x 12" ; this one was due in May but here I am - better late than never. It is called "Old Tree at Waimea Canyon". It comes from 2 photographs taken in Kauia maybe 15 yrs ago. It took a while to decide how to construct it. It is difficult to show the rough brown/rust and vibrant gree of the canyon walls. It feels like painting more than sewing. The theme of this challenge is Photo vs Textile Art. It takes advantage of my own photography which has been a real creative part of me. Hope you like it.

Hawaii has many fond memories for me- We were there for our 25th wedding anniversary.

Jeanne O

Pleasant Valley NY

1 comment:

susan said...

you got it! having lived on kauai for 35 years i should know. i now live in the upper penn of michigan. the only thing i miss on kauai is my youngest son and my beautiful grand daughter, victoria. susan