Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New quilts completed




I havent sent much in lately due to some health issues but I do have 2 quilts to show you. The first one is a baby quilt for Noah my first grandson born 7-20-07. The second one is called Molten and started out from a 2"x4" painting and became this enlargement 40"x28". The paint swirl gave me the i nspiration to consider lava rolling and broiling. The rest was just finding the right yellow and red fabric. Inspiration for these comes over time but this one was completed using a new technique that I learned from Katie Pasquini Masopust (class in June 2007) Let me know what you think.


Jeanne Pleasant Valley NY

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I love the bright colors and sense of movement. Well Done.

Barb Forrister said...

Molten is just beautiful. Wonderful sense of color and depth.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Congratulations on the new grandson. His quilt is adorable, but Molten is a true work of art. I also enjoyed looking at your other posts, and especially admire the Journal quilt with the glass building and the tree.

Another Jeanne

Sherryl said...

I love Molten. The movement and colors really grab you.

Deb Geyer said...

Good job on both! You have a very diverse set of quilting skills!

Beertje Zonn said...

The baby quilt for Noah is lovely!
Kind regards,

Sonnja

Carol said...

Molten is wonderful. Great use of colour.

Congratulations on your new grandson his quilt is beautiful.

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love Molten. Great colors.