Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jeanne's Cancer scarf


As some of you may know I am coming off radiation therapy on my brain. Last week my husband gave me a buz cut and (from the mother of quilting invention) I have this scarf. It made me feel good and face glowed with the batiks I use. It is made with 10 strips but with a rotary blade in wavey bands where you iron down the curved strips and sewing them onto the next one. For me- I put moisture on , button earings, a little make up - and I can face the world. Presently I am seekings ideas to make my scarf - a gift for those ladies who are facing a difficult time with this radiation therapy. A smile and some hope is the small grace I want to give. No sales - just a gift from me.


I took the scraps of those same batiks and made them into a mosaic pattern for the last 12 post cards that are due for Art 07. Pictures will be coming out shortly.


I am a fighter, and my quilt art has helped.

Jeanne

Pleasant Valley NY

8 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Great Scarf! Thinking of you!

carrie said...

I love what those colours do for people. I bet you look gorgeous in that scarf

Granny Fran said...

What a gorgeous scarf, and I sure admire your great attitude! God Bless! You should post a photo of your beautiful self wearing that scarf.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Jeanne, this is a great idea! Do you have dimensions or directions for this scarf?
Bless you for thinking of others when you are struggling yourself. Sending you my Best Voodoo Healing Vibes!

lizzieb said...

I really like this idea.

Can you give us specific directions for making this? I have lots of batiks that I could use.

Hang in there...
Liz Berg

doni said...

Great scarf - great attitude! Love your postcards - all of them. They are addicting, aren't they!

Jo Raines said...

I'm praying for your speedy recovery. The scarf is beautiful.

Sandra said...

Fab scarf to go with fab attitude.
I really enjoyed your city buildings quilt w/the photo and fabric too.