Monday, January 14, 2008

Xmas Bears


It keeps going. One project after the other is moving out. Here are the 5 Bears that would have been a Christmas gift to the Pediatric Cancer Ctr at Vassar Bros Med Hospital in Poughkeepsie NY. I wanted to finish these for christmas but between cancer treatment and 3 parties -- you know how it goes. So here they are. I have done these for 5 years after my friend died of leukemia on New Years Day.; she had 2 little boys. Now I am cancer patient and they make me happy. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas; I did.


Good thing --I took a class (1st one in months) on Landscape quilts from my own photography. It was great to be back in the swing again.

Jeanne

Pleasant Valley NY

8 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Cute bears! Who can resist a bear?

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Jeanne, the bears are wonderful. I make Comfort Bears out of clothing of loved ones who have passed. I did 6 at Christmas for a family who lost a young girl, age 12. So sad.
Are your bears donated to the Cancer unit? I'm thinking I could make some to donate to our hospital. Great idea!

Paula, the quilter said...

Those bears look like the ones I make. I use flannel so they are nice and comfy and squishy.

Granny Fran said...

What precious bears! That class in doing landscape quilts from your own photos sounds wonderful.

Quilting For Less said...

Your bears are precious! What a giving person! Hope all goes well for you!

Susan

Jill Smith said...

l love your bears, there beautiful,
Jill

Jo Raines said...

Love these bears. A good quilting friend, Gen, is making these for her family members. She bought five bags of polyfil from me today! Hope you are doing well.

Elin said...

Hi Jeanne. I hope you're feeling well and staying positive. I'm sending you good thoughts...

xo
Elin