Saturday, February 25, 2006

Work in progress

This week I worked on another piece- Ghost in the Tempest" This has been working on my mind for the last couple of weeks. There is additional embellishment work to be done to make it look more crystalline and snowy. It will be added to my website. It takes time for the inspiration to work up into an actual piece.
This week I enrolled in two classes with Quilt University- Perfect Pineapples and Journal Quilts. The second one works the creative juices in small works. They both started today and have 4 classes - one each week. In addition there was another class offered in March that uses fabric with interesting prints to create "Structural Fibers" -- again this uses more creativity with existing printed fabrics into interesting artistic formats. Check out their classes - they have various different classes offered. In April there is a further quilting class where a lovely wall hanging in soft green batiks will be appliqued into leaf shapes of different sizes.
So all this should get the motor running and active again.
What a joy to see a work space in my room after I cleared out some of the clutter last week.
No matter what time of year- spring cleaning is always necessary.

Jeanne
Pleasant Valley NY

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm just finishing a Quilt University class, Playing with Lines and Shapes, and I've found it thought provoking. The fabric structure one sounds good. I'll check it out. I like Out of the Tempest--very mysterious and evocative looking. Is the glittery part fabric paint?

Granny Fran said...

Ghost in a Tempest is looking beautiful. What kind of additional embellishment do you plan to do? Good luck with your Quilt U. classes. Look forward to seeing you journal quilts.