Friday, March 31, 2006

Quilt Retreat and March Journal Quilt

The March submission for the Journal Quilt Challenge is done. It is really only the kernel of idea which could be developed. I need to try this again, which is the advantage of a journal quilt.

Today is the first day of a 3 day quilt retreat, I have been so looking forward to this (after all that happen in the last 6 mos) It will be great seeing my friends again after missing the last one in September. There are 50 ladies who attend this retreat 2 times a year. They have quilting styles which are traditional as well as unconventional or maybe a better word is artistic. I range somewhere in between. The place- The Interlaken Inn located in Lakeville Ct is lovely; the accomodations and meals are well prepared. They have treats and drinks at the breaks and you can work until you drop. I have been known to be working until midnight and up again at 7AM. It starts on Friday and ends on Sunday at 4PM. There are no kids, no phones and no family interruptions. You can work with a design wall and let the inspiration carry you. The ladies are so nice and all of them encourage you. If you get stuck with a technical issue there is someone there to help. I always come home inspired to charge ahead and my family knows that everything else is set aside for this. My husband has seen the happiness on my face when the retreat photos come back. This is one event I would encourage quilters and quilt artists to go for.

No comments: