Thursday, June 22, 2006

Just Finished

This work came from a visit to the Georgia O'Keefe museum in Santa Fe. The inspiration was sort of sudden and wouldnt let me go. In the past I have worked on a 24"square piece of batting and begin a circular pattern. This one started that way; it told me(?) to try out several shades of bright yellow. In my stash there is a luscious fabric with lovely leaves- and there you are. Collage has so many fun things you can do; the work keeps developing. As you can tell - I had fun!!! This form of letting loose seems to entice me to try something new and different.

I know in my last message - there were plans to re-create my photographs. That is still there. In addition - I still have to finish my Post L'Arte postcards and June's Journal quilt.

The other day driving by a new field of corn on a rolling hill- with black/grey storm clouds overhead and a sliver of a blue sky in between-- all on a panorama viewing-- very wide and very short. This image has stuck in my head and everyday I drive by that place -- it rings in my head----- Do Me!! Do Me!!! In the last few months- my sketch book has had more entries. Where ever I stop- out comes the sketch book. Its like you see something in your imagination and wont let you go --- until sketch it out a few times and then maybe it pores out in the fabric and my art. Where does this come from?

Anyway for once the artist in me has come out and I'm having fun.

No comments: