Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dandeneau's Field - in Progress



This art piece is still in the working stages- The inside measurements are 12"h x 34"wide. I was drving by this corn field near my house when I saw these heavy grey storm clouds. I went home and started sketching what I saw. The actual scene has a farm house and trees along the horizon. This is my interpretation but there is something missing. The lines on the white image are green. In the clouds there is silver free hand stitching which may be hard to see. I know this is my interpretation- but I'm stuck and open to suggestion. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kay said...

OK, if you really DO want everyone's two cents, here's mine: How about putting in the house and trees? (I visualize them somewhere in the lower right hand quadrant.) This would give a focal point and break the horizontal lines. They could be just abstract shapes, since the abstract idea seems to be what you're aiming for. I like this piece, by the way.

Kay said...

I looked at this again, and see you've already got a good focal point with the dark patch, so any additional shapes might need to go there.

Debra Dixon said...

You could definitely continue with this piece and use it for the Summer ARTImage Challenge. The size is whatever size you chooose.

One of the elements that stuck me with the ARTImage picture was the bold blue off center. My eye was drawn over the waves of the water to that area (& because of that moved over the entire piece).

I agree with Kay that you may need a more defined focal point. You could do some couched heavy threads, beads, even some 3D pieces coming off that dark patch to give it the attention it needs.

Of course, I have a hard time restraining myself with quilt surfaces so you may be asking the wrong person!

Definitely keep working. . .and reveal with us in September.