Saturday, July 01, 2006

June 2006 Journal Quilt Challenge

This could have one of three names- "Baby's Blue Bottom"-- "Blue Bottom Baby" or " Blue Baby's Bottom". Let me know which one you like. We could have a vote. This was great fun. The rose fabric on the left fanny could be considered -- "a fanny smelling like roses"". It is my artistic license. Each of my journals teach me something new- this time it was color value. But I enjoyed this one the best of all the journal quilts. Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Shelina said...

I like Baby's Blue Bottom

Deb Hardman said...

I like Baby Blue Bottom, leaving off the possessive. I also love the page. Beautiful use of prints. Lovey piece of ART!

Anonymous said...

"Blue Bottom Baby" just rolls off the tongue... your piece is adorable!

Linda

Pam said...

Jeanne - don't you love they way using a variety of fabrics in the same color - gives the design movement? I call this trash collage in my work - but it is usually a background - seeing it in the design opens up a whole new arena of possibilities - Great Job!!

jenclair said...

Charming! Something so endearing about the awkward determination to walk. Love the feel of this piece.

Granny Fran said...

I am so impressed; "Blue Bottom Baby" is fantastic! The fabrics are so subtle and really model that precious little body.

:-D eirdre said...

Great Fabric choices!

You could use this for SimpleStillLife if you Have the Summer Water be COLD - like it is at the Ocean in early July!

Kay said...

This is wonderful! What a great job you did of the shading to show the three-dimensional aspect of the shape. I agree with Linda that Blue Bottom Baby "flows" well.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Blue Bottom Baby! I love it ... both the journal quilt and the name ... really lovely.

Kristen said...

this is darling! i'd go w/blue bottom baby myself.

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

"Blue Bottom Baby" gets my vote