Friday, October 20, 2006

Latest work

This past weekend I went to a 2.5 day quilt retreat held at the Interlaken Inn in Ct. It was great fun seeing my friends who are crazy like me. I noticed that I was one of 3 ladies who is
into quilt art vs traditional work. This has been my graduation of sorts. Below are two pieces that were pushed ahead. Fish Tales..... is for the Tiny Treasures which is another challenge. This time I worked at using beads to embellish my work along with some free motion stitching and applique. This piece was an extension of the previous birthday card. I have another one in my head with another fabric which is even more interesting as fish scales. Maybe this time I can try sheers which I saw on the fabulous web site of Rosemary Claus Gray.
The second piece Dandeneaus Garden has had a little more work and closer to its end. The sun rays thru the clouds still need help. Maybe some sequins or hand stitching of metallic thread will help. Any ideas will be appreciated. This week I have to work on October's journal quilt.
I am working full time now and finding quiet time to work is harder.
See ya.
Jeanne

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

Don't you just hate how work interfers with your fun?

The fish tales is very cute.