Sunday, November 05, 2006

Been Busy

Its been a while since I came by. This last month I started a new job that is filled with tension and stress. It has taken all this time to relax with it and feel that I can cope. Now on the weekend I can devote myself again to sewing. I completed my monthly journal quilt for October. This has been an effort to make all 10 of them different. Personally I thought that would push me ahead creatively. The "Walk in the Woods" is developing an original artistic rendition instead of using just my photography.
At present there is an enlargement of my echinecia's (from the garden)-- it measures 30" x 28" and it takes time till I see where I want it to go. I start it and then go back and work a little more and walk away and see if I like it. I'm sure there are others of you who use that artistic method. "Dandeneau's Garden" was like that. Its almost there.
Post cards are due for another swap group and is on my table to get started. My quilting- and creative sewing projects are good medicine for me. I keep coming back to them.
Let me know what you think of the the last two.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like your work. The larger quilt below is my favorite.
From what I can see of the "woods" journal quilt, the decorative stitching is effective. What did you do to achieve the "scratched" area in the background? Is that stitching also? Jen